Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Man vs. Food

Guest post from: Kent Lara

Man vs. Food has got to be, hands down, my favorite travel show of all time. I am sure some people will argue and say that it is actually a food show. Well, it is both, which is partly why it is so awesome. I am lucky enough to be able to watch Man vs. Food on satellite television so I get to see it in better quality than most. Every time that I see that Man vs. Food is on I have to either drop everything and watch it, or frantically save it to my Satellite TV. This is one show that I and my husband can agree on. I love that not only do we get to see exotic locations, hear about their native customs but also learn about authentic cuisine. I absolutely adore the host too. His laid back vibe makes watching him eat local cuisine enjoyable. I have never been one for cooking shows. I also thought, “Why do I want to watch people eat food that I cannot smell or taste myself?” Man vs. Food has broken that trend for me. My idea of a fun night use to be getting dressed up and heading out for dinner and dancing, now as I age, I tend to be more low key. I would much rather order in some take out and spend a night on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment