Sunday, October 30, 2011

My First Fondant Cake





I successfully decorated my first fondant cake with the help of my son James. I realize fondant is not easy to do but I admit I did love the result of what we made. James helped me knead the fondant and put the decoration on top of the cake. I think he finds it fun too. I can see my future chef here. I gathered the materials and ingredients. It took a little while to do that since I did not make a list of it. I don't know why I didn't. I wanted to attend a cake decorating class this October in AC Moore but it was already full so I might as well try next time just out of curiosity's sake.
I made chocolate and yellow cake and put some icing butter in the middle. I made pastel colored flowers, leaves and stems as decor. It came out really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment