Monday, September 7, 2009

Beef Soup



I have two kids who loves to eat rice with soup more often than you can imagine. My kids love soup so I often find myself creating some soup dishes that my mom used to make for us. For dinner today I made soup out of beef bones. It smelled and tasted so good that my daughter ate more rice with it. My son loved the veges and the beef since it was already very soft. Here's the recipe for you to enjoy-

Ingredients:

1 lb beef bones
1 onions bulb (chopped)
spring onions
ginger
red pepper
cabbage
carrots (in big cubes)
potatoes (in big cubes)
hot peppers (optional)
4 cups water
2 tbs canola oil
1/2 tsp of salt
a dash of pepper

Cooking Directions:
1. Wash the beef bones thoroughly and sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt.
2. Boil 4 cups of water in a pot then place the beef bones for 30 minutes .
3. Place ginger and potatoes then bring to boil.
3. When potatoes are cooked set in low fire and place the carrots, hot peppers and
cabbage.
4. In a separate pan, saute the chopped onion bulbs and red pepper then placed it
in the pot.
5. Place the spring onions then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment