Monday, April 12, 2010

100% Vegetarian

Kayun's girlfriend Sherry invited us to dinner last Saturday evening with her family. I did not know what the occasion was but my hubby told me that they were vegetarian so I would know what to expect. We visited a new friend before we went to their house which is 30 minutes away. To make the story short we were late but was able to come on time for dinner. Kayun thought we would never show up. We did not know what to bring for them as a gift so hubby brought a red wine but regretfully they don't drink wine too. Sorry for that. I looked over the window and saw there backyard vegetable garden.
We came to a traditional chinese family home who served us a wonderful vegetarian dinner. We were all impressed because we are omnivorous so to say. There was something that looked like chicken as Heaven described it but it was mushroom. We had vegetable lasagna, tofu, cabbages and rice. I thought it as amazing. We had juice.
Sherry's mom was very charming and pleasant to be with. She entertained the kids well. Even if she don't talk in English well but we are able to carry a conversation. Sherry showed us her paintings. We had tea together while the kids played wii and the boys talked had coffee after dinner. I thought the chinese tea taste a little bitter but it was placed in a small cup so it was fine. I asked Sherry's mom why they eat vegetables only and she said it is significant for a long life and a healthy body which I would really agree.
When we went home they told us they look forward to seeing us again. Sherry's mom wanted me to taste her version of vegetarian burger. Ohlala;-)
Thank you so much Kayun, Sherry and family for that wonderful experience. I do wish we can emulate your healthy living and wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment