Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fresh Crabs With Coconut Milk






How do you like your crabs cooked? I like mine with coconut milk. Really? My sister-in-law never heard of such a thing when she heard it but yes it's true. I am an island girl so I have seen how seafoods have been prepared from simple to complicated ones. You can actually steam, fry, roast or grill or boil crabs. When we went to the grocery store this afternoon I haven't prepared anything for dinner yet. I am a little bit tired and about to get down with something but I didn't let myself get affecterd. I went with hubby to the store and saw the live crabs on sale. Fond memories of the Philippines flashed back into my mind. I remembered how much we love to eat crabs when I was small. My mom loves to cook too. I must have gotten this talent from her. Lol. While in the store we decided to get half a dozen crabs. I had the live crabs steamed for ten minutes before we went to pay for it. When I got home I right away got my ingredients ready and cooked it. My kids really love eating the messy crabs especially the claws. Here are the ingredients and how I did it.
Ingredients
6 crabs steamed
1 cup water
1 onion sliced
3 garlic cloves
1 jalopeno chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
1 green onions chopped (scallions)
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup lettuce or cabbage chopped
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
1 small ginger chopped
2 tbsp canola oil
a dash of black pepper
a dash of salt
vegetable buillion

1. Heat the pan and put the canola oil.
2. Saute the garlic,onion, red pepper and ginger.
3. Place the rest of the vegetables.
4. Place the crabs too.
5. Put 1 cup water and bring to boil.
6. Pour the coconut oil and bring to boil til it thickens.
7. Place the vegetable buillion.
8. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle the green onions.

Dinner is served with some rice. Yummy!

1 comment:

Lea said...

Hmmnnn yummy...can I eat some ate mels?hehehehe..c yah around...:)

Post a Comment