Friday, September 16, 2011

Credit Card for Household Bills

This guest post from Edgardo Rosa

My parents write checks for all of their bills. They have a credit card, but only use it for emergencies and buying things on-line. I think that the move to usinhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifg credit cards for rewards and paying everything on-line is a generational thing. I recently got a new service on the internet that uses company websites and pulls all of your bills onto one website. When it is time to pay your bills every month on-line, everything is in one place. I accidently left my credit card bill at my parent’s house the other day. My dad called me and sounded concern. He asked, “Why did you pay your bills , gas, and electricity bill with a credit card?” He was concerned that I was out of money. I tried to explain that I was not using my credit card because I had no money, but that I got two percent cash back if I used my credit card to pay household bills. I explained that I paid it off each month. He still did not understand the concept. So all I could do was to just assure him that I was fine and that I would let him know if I needed any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment