Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Diet and Exercise

In my twenties I weighed around 98lbs can you believe that? I was so skinny. I look like stick and bones. Then when I had kids the baby fats never dissolved from my body. Now I weigh 150. Arghh... Will I ever loose weight again? So much for this fats I have to take it off. I have kids and I want to live longer to see them.

In my journey to losing weight I decided to have vegetable salad everyday. Lately I discovered that I love romaine lettuce so I bought two bags. This will be good for the whole week since I will make the salad good for four persons. I also bought some broccoli, red pepper, cranberry raisins and carrots. I also bought some mangoes to throw in to my salad. It is such a struggle to lose weight when it is not your way of life. Everyone in the family has to be involved. Slowly but surely I am getting there. I have my diet tracker on my phone on what I eat and the amount of calories I lose every time I exercise. Diet and exercise are married together and they are a perfect complement to each other. One without the other is not a good option. They are a perfect couple. And then I realize that I should be a vegetarian but it seem like a hard option yet I do wish someday I will be a vegetarian.;-) Im so used to eating food with some meat in it. I grew up eating vegetable but usually it's being cooked and made into soup. I am glad I am slowly learning how to eat raw vegetables which contains more vitamins and minerals. I also wanted to eat as much fruits as I can since it's a healthier option so I decided to get a blender. I make shakes for everyone and the kids love it. Strawberry banana shake, peach mango shake to name a few. I exercise an hour almost everyday and I keep track of the calories I take off. Lately I started sleeping early so I can wake up earlier to be able to exercise early in the morning. I feel better when I exercise early in the morning and that is what hubby is doing too. It is when I exercise that I get conscious with what I eat because it is not easy taking the calories off. That is why morning exercise is a way to go for me. How about you what motivates you to live healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment